Hip-Hip Hooray - it’s our Birthday!
We are anticipating larger order volumes during our birthday period (24 June – 14 July), which means we might be a little slower on getting your goods to you. We’re estimating 10-14 working days delivery time. We ask you for your patience and if you have any queries please contact us on 0861 426 333.
Validation of your TV Licence was successful
5Oth Birthday In-store Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Game (Masstores (Pty) Ltd, trading as Game registration number 1991/006805/07.
- Any persons taking part in this competition (“Participant”) accept and agree that they have had an opportunity to read and consider these Terms and Conditions and that they are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The 50th Birthday Competition will run from the 24th of June 2020 – 14 July 2020.
- The Promoter reserves the right (on its sole and absolute discretion) to extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the competition or terminate the competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control. The Competition, vouchers and Terms and Conditions may be reasonably amended by the Promoter, at any time during the promotion. In such event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they shall have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever
- To take part in this Competition, a Participant must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Customer’s must spend R250 or more to stand a chance to win.
- Customers must fill in their details at the bottom of the till slips, and drop it in the box in front of the stores to enter.
- The Promoter will have a random draw on 1 July, 8 July and 15 July for that respective week’s daily winners.
- Any eligible natural person who is 18 years or older,
- The parent or guardian of a minor, may participate in the promotion.
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of:
- the Promoter;
- any other subsidiary or associated person who controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
- the supplier of goods or services in connection with the promotion; or
- the marketer of the promotion; and/ or Agencies of the promoter or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, may enter this promotion.
- The right of admission into the Competition rests solely with the Promoter.
- By complying with the entry requirements the winners will win a Game voucher that will range in value from R50 to R24 000.
- The prize is not transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other items. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize/s with any other prize of comparable commercial value. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash in any way. Even though the physical voucher they receive could say that the voucher can be redeemed for cash after three years it cannot.
- The value of the prize, jointly and severally, includes VAT. The Successful Participant may be taxed in terms of applicable tax legislation and Participants who require clarity as to the tax implications hereof should seek a directive from the relevant revenue service or authority.
- Competition is only valid while stocks last or where a Participant has bought online and back-ordered their item.
- A Successful Participant will be requested to produce their Identification Document and till slip of the date of valid purchase and failure to produce such identification will result in the Participant being disqualified from the Competition and will forfeit the prize.
- Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- The Promoter will contact the winner on a weekly basis once the draw is done.
- The winner has 72 hours to come back to the store to collect their voucher.
- If the winner does not collect the voucher within 72 hours, the winner is disqualified and the store reserves the right to re-draw the winner.
- If the winner/s fail/s to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the Game Voucher
- By entering the Competition, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, as well as its holding company, its subsidiaries and any subsidiaries of its holding company, and their successors and assigns, directors, employees, agents or consultants against all and any losses, claims, proceeding, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise) liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis) howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the Participant’s participation in the competition and the vouchers.
- Promoter and its service providers, are not responsible for:
- incorrect and inaccurate transcription of entry information;
- technical malfunction;
- inappropriate images and comments posted by the entry or by the public;
- lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network or computer equipment or software; and/or
- the inability to access any website or online services or any other error.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform that may be used as an intermediary.
- By entering this Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, processing and further processing of his or her personal information (including personal information contained in electronic communications) by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting this competition and facilitating the participant’s participation in the promotion. Except where prohibited by law or objected to by the individual at any time, each winner grants permission for the Promoter, including Masstores (Pty) Ltd and those acting under its authority to use his or her name, and or photographs, and or voice for purposes of announcing the winners for this Competition and related advertising purposes, in any form of media and without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- By posting any content, images, or comments on any of the Promoter’s public and/or social media platform or by sending any such content to the Promoter, a Participant consent to and gives the Promoter a world-wide royalty free licence to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish such content, images or comments for the purposes of promoting the Promoter’s products and/or services.
- The winners will be selected after the closing date of the Competition. The winners will be selected by an independent individual where a legally audited selection will take place.
- The winner will either be informed via telephone and/or email if they have won.
- The Promotor may require the Participant to:
- Provide their name, identity number and cell number to enable the promotor to verify the entry;
- Where the entry includes the submission of any work eligible for copyright in terms of the Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978, conclude an agreement of assignment whereby any rights which the Participant may have in respect of such works are transferred to the Promoter.
- Should the Participant refuse to comply with this rule for any reason then the Participant shall be deemed to have rejected the prize, and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
- Any winner may be requested to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes. The Participant is, however, entitled to decline such request.
- Where the Participant consent to take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including without limitations, through the manipulation of code or otherwise falsifying data.
- Should any dispute arise in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter’s decision be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- For more information or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, please visit www.game.co.za. Any Competition related queries may be directed to 0861 4263 2273 or email them on [email protected] from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.