Africa’s largest discount retailer
Game is a promotionally driven discount retailer of predominantly general merchandise and non-perishable groceries for home, leisure and business use.
Game is a subsidiary of the JSE listed, Massmart Holdings. Massmart is Africa’s third largest distributor of consumer goods, the leading retailer of general merchandise, liquor and home improvement equipment and supplies, and the leading wholesaler of basic foods.
To visit Massmart Holdings Group website click here – www.massmart.co.za
A bit about our past
The first GAME store opened in Durban, South Africa, in 1970. It was born out of the belief by its founders that shopping had become a tedious and boring pastime. They wanted to create a fun shopping environment and so conceptualized retailing as a game. The signature shocking pink has still prevailed to this day.
We operate out of 110 stores in 12 African countries.
We offer peace of mind
At Game, we put our customers first with our three guarantees:
1. We beat any price!
We will not be undersold! - If you've purchased any item from Game and, within 21 days, find the identical product at a competitor for less, tell us and we will refund MORE than the difference.
If you intend purchasing from Game and find the identical item at a competitor for less at the same time, tell us and we will BEAT that price.
- The Price Beat does not apply to new store openings, store relaunches, display, aged, discontinued or damaged stock.
- The Price Beat does not apply to one day only sales such as Black Friday.
- The competitor in question must be in-stock of that identical item.
- The competitor must be a legitimate South African retailer, and the price beat must include the cost of delivery.
- The price beat does not apply to foreign stores, including foreign online stores.
- The items up for comparison must be the identical item, brand, barcode, volume/weight.
- The warranty/guarantee period must be identical to that of the competitor product.
- The retailer deemed to be a competitor needs to be a valid VAT registered retailer – accredited by our suppliers as a reseller of their goods and brands that are in question.
2. We'll swop it, if we stock it
If you've changed your mind - bring it back in an unused condition, in the original packaging, and we will either exchange it or refund you. Exceptions are indicated accordingly at point-of-purchase. If you don’t have proof of purchase (Game till slip) the refund/exchange will be for the lowest price in the last 30 days.
3. Guaranteed service on every product sold
We will have any item under warranty, repaired for you - should that take longer than 21 days, the item will be replaced or refunded. For warranty purposes, proof of purchase is required. We also ensure ongoing service on any product bought from Game even after the warranty expires.